This was my first time working with tofu and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with how the texture turned out.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon oregano
16 ounces extra firm tofu
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted
1 box jumbo shells
1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
1. Drain the tofu and pat dry with paper towels. Crumble into the bowl of a food processor or high speed blender along with the olive oil, salt, oregano, garlic and nutritional yeast. Process on high until smooth and "ricotta-like"
2. Add the defrosted spinach to the blended tofu mixture.
3. Cook shells in boiling salted water until el dente. Drain
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour about 1/2 cup pasta sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. Repeat until all shells have been stuffed.
5. Pour remaining pasta sauce over the shells, cover with foil and bake for 30 mins. Serve!
Yield: 6-8 servings.